C: Consumer Products
TFT consumer products improve consumer health by offering healthier alternative foods and beverages when compared to peer group offerings. It works like this:
- A company decides that it wants to implement the TFT program.
- All participating parties complete the Application Form.
- A company may develop new products or select existing products to be designated as a healthy TFT product. These products may be already well established or new to a market
- Products are encouraged to meet at least one of the following guidelines:
- Include ingredients with known benefits (i.e. leafy greens, fiber)
- Reduced sugar and calorie content
- Contain nutrients essential to a well-balanced diet
- Substitute animal ingredients with vegetable ingredients
- Certified as a healthy product by a government authority or established and respected regional NPO
- Juices use 100% fruit and/or vegetable ingredients
- A donation amount is determined, usually between 1% and 5% of the retail price.
- Products can choose to feature the TFT logo and messaging on packaging, in-store displays, or online campaigns.
- Products are purchased as usual, and donations are tallied and remitted to TFT on a periodic basis.